Photo Examples for artist submissions
Above are examples of quality photos that work well for us to put on our website, in the guidebook, and use for social media. All uploaded photos should be of work created with the last 2 years. Make sure that your images have good lighting and represent the artwork well - no blurry images, or art that melds into the background.
A few tips :
- A minimum of 300ppi at 4x4" (or 1200 pixels on the shortest side)
- Formatted as a jpeg, tiff, or png
- Photos can be any shape, but we will predominantly be using them in a square format, so keep this in mind when taking or choosing photos.
A few tips :
- It is best to photograph your work before it is framed so you don't get glare from glass.
- Shoot square onto the art, with the camera at the correct angle so that the sides line up with the camera frame.
- The best lighting for photographing art is natural daylight on a cloudy day.
- You don't need a high quality camera, point and shoot cameras, or even your smartphone should give you a high enough quality image.
- It can be helpful to use a photo editing software, such as Adobe indesign, to make basic corrections to brightness, contrast and color.
- It's helpful for us if the name of your file includes your last name.